Course Type: Virtual
Course Code: vPR
Course Description: In this four (4) session virtual course, learners will examine the various methods for acquiring goods and services needed to operate a non-appropriated fund (NAF) program in the most efficient, cost-effective manner and in accordance with established laws and regulations. Topics include Acquisition Planning, Statements of Work, Procurement Methods, Contract Monitoring and Close-out.
- Target Audience: Family and MWR Program Managers or others whose duties include procurement for Family and MWR programs
- Course Prerequisites: Family & MWR Orientation Course (Online), Family and MWR Basic Management Course (Online), and Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training.
- Length of Course: 10 hours total in four 2.5-hour sessions (two sessions per week).
- Time Requirement: 20 hours total, including approximately 2 hours of pre-work assignments, 10 hours for the live online sessions, and approximately 8 hours for research and homework assignments between sessions.
- Course Methodology: This is a virtual course requiring students to communicate synchronously with instructors and fellow students using features such as audio, video, text chat, interactive whiteboard, and application sharing.
- Equipment: Computer with audio capability (microphone plus speakers or headphones), Army 365 Microsoft Teams account, Common-Access Card (CAC) and Internet access that is on the Army network (on the installation or via VPN). A video camera is highly recommended for the best learning experience in Microsoft Teams.
- ACE College Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in procurement management. (Aug 2020)
- IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 1.6 (June 2022)
Please contact the course manager, Rebecca Strawn [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you have any questions.
NAF Contracting Made Easy for Program Managers
|1||(23-01) Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu vPR01_230123_08 - Virtual||23-Jan-2023 - 02-Feb-2023||08:00 - 10:30 (CT)|
|2||(23-02) Mon, Thu vPR02_230501_13 - Virtual||01-May-2023 - 11-May-2023||13:00 - 15:30 (CT)|