Course Type: Residential
Course Code: rExDC
Course Description: The Executive Leadership and Management for Family and MWR Division Chief Course is a 9-day cross-functional resident course. It explores the breadth and depth of the Family and MWR environment, focusing on how Family and MWR Divisions interact to deliver on the Total Army Strong Commitment. Students also learn effective strategies for leading and managing organizations responsive to change. The curriculum focuses on balancing the tension between long-term program goals and short-term political pressures. Topics include integrating the strategic plan, business plan, and business cases to support the IMCOM 2025 and Beyond Campaign Plan, IMCOM Commander’s Key Tasks, resource management, and program evaluation. The course uses a wide variety of instructional methods. Students have the opportunity to interact with the IMCOM G-9 and G9 Family and MWR program proponents for discussion of current issues and trends and future challenges that face Family and MWR programs.
**Note**This course is a prerequisite for the Executive Development for Directors of Family and MWR Course, which is a required course for Directors of FMWR.
- Target Audience: Experienced Family and MWR Division Chiefs
- Prerequisites: Family and MWR Orientation Course (Online), Family and MWR Basic Management Course(Online), Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training, Applied Financial Planning Suite (Online) (Income Statement Analysis; Breakeven Analysis; Retail Sales Accountability;Forecasting); Family and MWR Budgeting in the NAF System (Online); Family and MWR Budgeting and APF Support (Online) and Introduction to the Family and MWR Delivery System (Online) are required prior to being selected.
- Classroom Prerequisite: Sitting Division Chiefs must have completed their functional classroom Division Chiefs course first (ACS Directors course, Rec Division Chief course, etc.) as part of the sequential and progressive career development plan in Family and MWR.
- Duration: 9 Days Residential
- IACET CEUs: 11.7
- ACE Recommended Credits: 4 semester hours in Strategic Planning, Leadership and Management (9/09)(1/13), upper division baccalaureate degree category.
Executive Leadership and Management For Family & MWR Division Chiefs
|1||(17-2) rExDC2_170815_08||15 Aug 2017 - 25 Aug 2017||08:00 - 17:00 (CT)|