Course Type: Mobile Training Team
Course Code: mIC_MTT
Course Description: This NAF Internal Controls (MTT) course is designed to provide program managers with the knowledge and skills to effectively apply methods of control in everyday program management. During this course we will review the effective methods of control in everyday management of programs and review the internal Control Process in accordance with established laws and regulations. Students will examine various standards and policies to deter fraud, waste and abuse, and assess risks to protect assets. As a result of taking this course, students will be able to select and apply the appropriate techniques, tools, devices, checks, and balances to ensure “what should happen or should not happen/ does or does not happen” during day-today operations .
- Target Audience: Family and MWR Program Managers
- Prerequisites: Each student must complete the Family & MWR Orientation Course (Online), Team Member Orientation (TMO) for new team members ONLY, Family and MWR Basic Management Course (Online), Introduction to the Family and MWR Delivery System (Online), Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training, prior to attending.
- Recommended Prior Courses: Applied Financial Planning Suite (Income Statement Analysis; Breakeven Analysis; Forecasting) and Budgeting in the NAF System (Online).
- Duration: 1.5 days; 1300-1700 (Th); 0800-1700 (Fr).
- ACET CEUs: 2.0
- ACE Recommended Credits: One (1) semester hour in Financial Management, Auditing in the upper division baccalaureate degree category.
If you’re interested, please contact your local Training POC to register for these courses.