Course Type: Virtual
Course Code: vIC
Course Description: The NAF Internal Controls course is a Virtual Course designed to provide program managers with the knowledge and skills to effectively apply methods of control in everyday program management. During this course we will review the effective methods of control in everyday management of programs and review the internal Control Process in accordance with established laws and regulations. Students will examine various standards and policies to deter fraud, waste and abuse, and assess risks to protect assets. As a result of taking this course, students will be able to select and apply the appropriate techniques, tools, devices, checks, and balances to ensure “what should happen or should not happen/ does or does not happen” during day-today operations .
- Target Audience: Family and MWR Program Managers
- Prerequisites: Family & MWR Orientation Course (Online), Team Member Orientation (TMO) for new team members ONLY, Family and MWR Basic Management Course (Online), and Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training.
- Duration: 4 online sessions will be conducted through the School for Family and MWR’s enterprise Adobe Connect platform. Each session is two (2) hours in length. You’ll participate via the platform plus a teleconference for audio.
- Estimated number of Pre-work and Homework hours: 30 hours. This includes pre-work, weekly virtual sessions, research, and homework.
- IACET CEUs: 1.6
- ACE Recommended Credits: One (1) semester hour in Financial Management, Auditing in the upper division baccalaureate degree category.