Course Type: Self-Paced
Course Code: sCYSS_AS
Course Description: In this open enrollment online course, learners will review SAFER practices to apply CY Services accountability regulations, standards and requirements to ensure child and youth accountability and supervision while children and youth participate in Army Child and Youth programs.
- Relate the importance of child and youth accountability in Army CY Services settings
- Describe child and youth accountability roles and responsibilities in Army CY Services settings
- Identify sign-in/sign-out, face to name & child release procedures
- Illustrate ways to use optimal room layout, staff positioning and other practices to achieve visual supervision and child/youth accountability in various environments
- Apply protocols for child and youth accountability during emergency situations (e.g., drills for shelter in place, fire, tornado, etc.), field trips, during times of movement and during staff transition.
- Target Audience: Child & Youth Services employees
- Duration: 2 hours
- IACET CEUs: 0.2