Course Type: Self-Paced
Course Code: sCYSS_AS
Course Description: In this open enrollment online course, learners will review SAFER practices to apply CY Services accountability regulations, standards and requirements to ensure child and youth accountability and supervision while children and youth participate in Army Child and Youth programs.
- Relate the importance of child and youth accountability in Army CY Services settings
- Describe child and youth accountability roles and responsibilities in Army CY Services settings
- Identify sign-in/sign-out, face to name & child release procedures
- Illustrate ways to use optimal room layout, staff positioning and other practices to achieve visual supervision and child/youth accountability in various environments
- Apply protocols for child and youth accountability during emergency situations (e.g., drills for shelter in place, fire, tornado, etc.), field trips, during times of movement and during staff transition.
- Target Audience: Child & Youth Services employees
- Duration: 2 hours
- IACET CEUs: 0.2
Pursuant to AR 27-60, Intellectual Property, dated 17 Jun 2015 and SFMWR SOP_ANSI/IACET CEUs (dated 20 Apr 2021) states that no faculty or instructor has proprietary interest in any products, instruments, devices, or materials related to this course.