Course Type: Virtual
Course Code: vPM
In this eight (8) week virtual classroom, learners explore non-appropriated fund (NAF) personnel management processes focusing on how Family and MWR Program Managers hire and retain the best people and implement practices to maximize efficiency and productivity in their programs. Course content includes:
- Hiring: analyze the different generations of our workforce, the relationship to NAF hiring practice, and identify important job duties and highly qualifying criteria (HQC) in order to prepare for a strategic requirement discussion with HR;
- Selecting: review and develop a resume/interview matrix and identify best practices for checking references;
- Onboarding: create a realistic onboarding model and job standards;
- Managing Performance: give frequent feedback, evaluate performance and how to reward and discipline.
- Employee rights: review the manager’s responsibilities in relationship to Workers’ Comp and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Target Audience: Family and MWR Program Managers
- Prerequisites: Family & MWR Orientation Course (Online), Team Member Orientation (TMO) for new team members ONLY, Family and MWR Basic Management Course (Online), Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training, and Introduction to the Family and MWR Delivery System (Online).
- Duration: Live online sessions will be conducted once a week for eight (8) weeks. Each session is two (2) hours in length. We will use the Adobe Connect platform to deliver virtually plus a teleconference for audio.
- Estimated hours to complete the course: 5 hours/week = 40 hours total
- IACET CEUs: 3.9
- ACE Credit Recommendation: 3 semester hours in Human Resources Management, in the upper division baccalaureate degree category (07/2014).
NAF Personnel Management: Recruitment, Readiness & Retention
|Currently no scheduled classes|