Book summary by Catherine Miller – Instructor, School for Family and MWR
Gray, D., Brown, S., Macanufo, J.. (2010) Game storming a playbook for innovators, rulebreakers, and changmakers. O’Reilly Media, Inc. Sebastopol, CA.
A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers
Game Storming is a must have companion for anyone who is facilitating or leading teams, or serving as a project manager. This playbook turns brainstorming into an event by applying an innovative approach to exploring topics, redesigning, and discovery.
We can’t expect innovation to happen in a vacuum; how many of us are attending the same boring planning meetings? Creating an environment for creative thinking and innovation can be a challenge!
Game Storming includes over 80 games to help your teams break down barriers, communicate more effectively, and produce new ideas, insights, and strategies. Learn cool tools and techniques to help:
- Overcome conflict and increase engagement with team-oriented games
- Improve collaboration and communication with visual-thinking techniques
- Promoting understanding by role playing customer and user experiences
- Generate better ideas and more of them – faster than ever before
- Shorten meetings and make them more productive
- Simulate and explore complex systems, interactions, and dynamics
- Identify a problem’s root cause and find the paths that point toward a solution
(Gray, Brown, & Macanufo, 2010, Back cover)
If you are trying to find a way to solve a problem, create something new, or innovate a process, then you should be Game Storming!
Learn more about Game Storming.