Course Type: Self-Paced
Course Code: sSSAH
Course Description: The National Restaurant Association (NRA) ServSafe® Alcohol Online Course is non-progressive course that offers the most current and comprehensive alcohol safety that is consistent and critical to Family and MWR workforce in Alcohol Law and Your Responsibility.
Alcohol Law and Your Responsibility
- Your Responsibility as a Seller or Server of Alcohol
- The Role of the Liquor Authority
- Laws Restricting Alcohol Service
Recognizing and Preventing Intoxication
- Alcohol and the Body
- Factors that Affect Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
- Assessing Intoxication: Counting Drinks
- Assessing Intoxication: Observing Guests for Signs of Intoxication
- The Importance of Observation and Communication
- Preventing Guests from Becoming Intoxicated
- Acceptable Forms of Identification
- Verifying Identification
- The Proper Procedure for Checking IDs
- Dealing with a Fake ID
Handling Difficult Situations
- Handling Intoxicated Guests: Stopping Service
- Handling Intoxicated Guests: Arriving and Departing
- Handling Potentially Violent Situations and Illegal Activities
- Documenting Incidents.
Practice test is included to help and prepare students for the certification examination. Course meets the standards set forth on in the AR 215-1, 10-8d, as initial and annual training. Course is approved for Family and MWR workforce serving alcohol. Course access keys are centrally funded by School for Family and MWR must be completed within ninety (90) days of course access key activation. A ServSafe® Alcohol Certificate will be awarded upon course completion with a score of 75% or higher. More instruction is available here: http://goo.gl/hJPZnJ
- Target Audience: Food and Beverage Managers, Bar Managers, Bartenders and anyone that may serve alcohol in their operations.
- Duration: 4 hours
Notes: This course is subject to seat availability and requires Supervisor and Instructor approval.