Course Type: Virtual
Course Code: vSL
Course Description: Situational Leadership II (SLII) is a model for developing individuals, over time, so they can reach their highest level of performance on a specific goal or task. It is a process for helping individuals become self-motivated and self-directed. SLII is based on the relationship between an individual’s development level on a specific goal or task and the leadership style (direction and support) the leader provides. Effective leadership lies in matching the appropriate leadership style to the individual’s development level. Students will complete the Leadership Behavioral Analysis II (LBAII) online assessment that measures participant’s leadership style as it relates to flexibility and effectiveness. In this virtual classroom, students will:
1) Discover ways to open up communication–increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development;
2) Help others develop competence and commitment;
3) Teach others how to provide their own direction and
4) Value and honor differences.
- Target Audience: Family and MWR Division Chiefs or those performing similar duties, Program Managers on a space available basis. This course is a prerequisite for the residential Leadership and Management for Division Chiefs courses.
- Prerequisites: Family & MWR Orientation Course (Online), Team Member Orientation (TMO) for new team members ONLY, Family and MWR Basic Management Course (Online), Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training and Introduction to the Family and MWR Delivery System (Online).
- Duration: 6 hours (3 DCO Sessions)
- Estimated number of Pre-work and Homework hours: 6
- IACET CEUs: 1.2
Situational Leadership II for Program Managers
|1||(18-3) Tue, Thu vSL3_180731_09||31 Jul 2018 - 07 Aug 2018||09:00 - 11:00 (CT)|