Description: The Division Chiefs’ Functional Curriculum is designed to allow current Family and MWR Division Chiefs to explore and strengthen leadership and management skills necessary to manage a garrison level Family and MWR Division. Major topics include financial management, marketing, leveraging resources, property, organizational awareness, and information management. Students will examine their own leadership styles and organizations to ensure knowledge is applied to real-life challenges that impact the programs within Family and MWR. Students will be challenged to think critically and apply lessons learned.
Goal: The Division Chiefs’ Curriculum is a practical hands-on curriculum designed to explore and strengthen leadership and management skills necessary to manage a garrison level Family and MWR Division.
Target Audience: Current/Acting Family and MWR Division Chiefs or personnel performing similar duties at GS 11-13 or NAF 4-5 grade levels.
Prerequisites: Students who wish to participate in the Division Chiefs’ Curriculum must complete the following prerequisites prior to requesting enrollment in any of the curriculum core courses:
- Applied Financial Planning – Breakeven Analysis
- Applied Financial Planning – Forecasting
- Applied Financial Planning – Income Statement Analysis
- Applied Financial Planning – Retail Sales Accountability
- Budgeting in the NAF System
- Budgeting and APF Support
- Foundation Courses
Hours of Pre-work/Homework: 15 hours Pre-work / 10 hours Homework
Resident Course: (1 week / 40 hours):
Students MUST request enrollment in their respective Residential Leadership and Management Division Level Course prior to requesting enrollment in any of the Curriculum Core Courses.
- Support Services Division (SSD) (not currently offered)
- Leadership and Management for ACS/CYS Division Chiefs
- Leadership and Management for Business Operations & Community Recreation Division Chiefs