The ServSafe Alcohol is a self-pace online course for employees serving alcohol in any Family and MWR programs.
The course will teach employees to effectively do the following:
- Understand alcohol laws and responsibilities
- Evaluate intoxication levels
- Check identification
- Deal with difficult situations
Students can take the ServSafe Alcohol Primary Exam or the ServSafe Alcohol Advanced Proctored Exam after completing training to earn alcohol serving certification. Preview the following course materials and get more specific information about topics covered.
The ServSafe Alcohol® program prepares bartenders, servers, hosts, bussers, valets, bouncers and all front-of-house staff to effectively and safely handle difficult situations in your operation.
Prepare yourself to handle these risks with responsible alcohol training from a trusted and experienced source, the National Restaurant Association.
Students choose from two exams when registering for a course. The ServSafe Alcohol Primary Exam tests basic understanding. The ServSafe Alcohol Advanced Proctored Exam tests proficiency in key concepts.
Course Expiration: You will have 90 days from the date of activation to complete course. The course will expire 90 days.
Beginning the Course: Login to ServSafe on the web and activate course access key by entering the key in the designated area and click “Redeem” button to launch the course.
Exiting the Course: Log off or exit the course. You can sign back in and return to the point where you left off to continue.
Exam: An NRA certified proctor is NOT required for Primary Exam. Exam keys will be released after the course is completed and the registrar is notified.
Course Languages: English and Spanish
Exam languages: English and Spanish
Target Audience: Food and Beverage Managers, Assistant Managers, Bartenders.
Testing the Course: Use ServSafe System Check (option on the website) to ensure your computer is compatible with the Course.
source: National Restaurant Association, ServSafe.com.
Here is how to enroll:
- Open www.imcomacademy.com. Create a profile if you are new to the site. A valid email address, current job title, and a supervisor are very important element of your profile. Once you have an account, search the course catalog for course ServSafe Alcohol. Select the course and request enrollment. Supervisor and instructor approval is required. Target audience: Employees serving alcohol.
- Open www.servsafe.com. Create an account. It is recommended you use the same email address used in the School for MG Robert M. Joyce School for Family and MWR’s website. ServSafe Alcohol course access key will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Course key must be activated within 10 days from date key is received and will be unassigned on the 11th day by registrar if not activated timely. Course and exam must be completed within 90 days from course activation date.
- Start Course and complete course.
- Take exam. Required passing grade is 75% or higher.
- Print Certificate. Notify registrar to receive course completed on transcript with School for Family and MWR.
Note for overseas employees: You will be asked at one point which state you are applying for. It is recommended to select your home state.
Want to print a job aid? App F – JA ServSafe Course Access
Course Management and Access Key POC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Food Safety for employees Info? click the link, http://www.imcomacademy.com/imca/?p=4296