ServSafe Food Safety Management is a self-pace online course for employees who manage people, food and beverages in any Family and MWR programs.
Content: Managers learn the application of essential food safety practices and creating a culture of food safety. Content and materials are based on actual job tasks identified by food service industry experts.
Training covers these concepts:
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time and Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Food Safety Regulations
- And more . . .
Course Expiration: You will have 90 days from the date of activation to complete course. The course will expire 90 days after it started.
Beginning the Course: Log in to ServSafe on the web and activate course access key by entering the key in the designated area and click “Redeem” button to launch the course.
Exiting the Course: Log off or exit the course. You can sign back in and return to the point where you left off to continue.
Exam: An NRA certified proctor is required for an exam. Exam keys will be released to the proctor after the course is completed.
Course Languages: English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean
Exam languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Canadian French.
Target Audience: Food and Beverage Managers, Assistant Managers, Cook Supervisors and Cook Lead Supervisors, Child and Youth Services Kitchen Cook. Other job titles may qualify.
Testing the Course: Use ServSafe System Check (option on the website) to ensure your computer is compatible with the Course.
*source: National Restaurant Association, ServSafe.com
Here is how to enroll:
- Open www.imcomacademy.com. Create a profile if you are new to the site. A valid email address, current job title, and a supervisor are very important element of your profile. Once you have an account, search the course catalog for ServSafe Food Handler. Select the course from the catalog and request enrollment. Supervisor and instructor approval is required. Target audience: Employees serving food and beverages.
- Open www.servsafe.com. Create an account. It is recommended you use the same email address used in the School for MG Robert M. Joyce School for Family and MWR’s website. ServSafe Food Safety Management course access key will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Course key must be activated within 10 days from date key is received and will be unassigned on the 11th day by registrar if not activated timely. Course and exam must be completed within 90 days from activation date. There is no exam key required for this course.
- Start Course and complete course.
- Take exam. Required passing grade is 75% or higher.
- Print Certificate. Notify registrar to receive course completed on transcript with School for Family and MWR.
Want to print a job aid? App F – JA ServSafe Course Access
Course Management and Access Key POC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Food Handler for employees Info? click the link, http://www.imcomacademy.com/imca/?p=4296