ServSafe Food Handler is a self-pace online course for employees serving food and beverages in any Family and MWR programs.
Length: Approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
Content: There are five sections to cover: Basic Food Safety, Personal Hygiene, Cross-contamination and Allergens, Time and Temperature, and Cleaning and Sanitation. You must complete these sections before the assessment is available.
Course Expiration: You will have 60 days from date of activation to complete course. The course will expire 60 days after it is started.
Beginning the Course: Log in to ServSafe on the web and activate course access key by entering the key in the designated area and click “Redeem” button to launch the course.
Exiting the Course: If you exit the course and log out, you can sign back in and return to the point where you left off.
Languages: English and Spanish. You can switch languages anytime during the course.
Testing the Course: Use ServSafe System Check (option on the website) to ensure your computer is compatible with the Course.
source: National Restaurant Association, ServSafe.com
Here’s how you start:
- Open www.imcomacademy.com. Create a profile if you are new to the site. A valid email address, current job title, and a supervisor are very important element of your profile. Once you have an account, search the course catalog for ServSafe Food Handler. Select the course from the catalog and request enrollment. Supervisor and instructor approval is required. Target audience: Employees serving food and beverages.
- Open www.servsafe.com. Create an account. It is recommended you use the same email address used in the School for MG Robert M. Joyce School for Family and MWR’s website. ServSafe Food Handler course access key will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Course key must be activated within 10 days from date key is received and will be unassigned on the 11th day by registrar if not activated timely. Course and exam must be completed within 60 days from activation date. There is no exam key required for this course.
- Start Course and complete course.
- Take exam. Required passing grade is 75% or higher.
- Print Certificate. Notify registrar to receive course completed on transcript with School for Family and MWR.
Want to print a job aid? App F – JA ServSafe Course Access
Course Management and Access Keys POC: email@example.com.
Need Alcohol Certification? Click link, http://www.imcomacademy.com/imca/?p=4470