Before submitting your IDP for approval, you must fill out these required tabs:
Tab 2: Career goals:
Type in your short and long term goals
Tab 4: Developmental goals:
Enter your goals and include educational, training and/or resources you need to reach that goal and finally enter your desired outcome in regards to your goals.
Tab 6: 5-Year Development Plan:
Notes: You must have at least one entry for each year in your 5-year Plan.
- Click on the tab 5-year Development Plan to choose Learning Elements to add to your IDP.
To add a new element, Click GO next to Edit Five Year Development Plan
Type a key word in the Search Text box
(Optional: Select which Content type from dropdown)
Click on the box next to the Title you wish to add to your IDP
Click the drop down arrow at the bottom of the page to select the Year and click Add To: to add it to your IDP
[NOTE: You can only add items one page at a time to one year at a time]
- Continue adding Learning Elements and the timeframe you choose
- Click Return to see your 5-year plan
- Edit your 5-Year Plan: You may remove items (as needed) by clicking on the box next to the title and click the Delete Selected button at the bottom of the page.
Move selections around once you have them listed by clicking on the box next to the title and choosing what year to move them to from the dropdown (on bottom) and click GO.
- You can also add Installation Specific Learning elements by clicking Edit Five Year Development Plan and click the tab Add Custom learning elements, type in the name of the training (i.e. POSH, AT-Level 1) and click Add.
Click Return to see it on your 5-year plan.
Tab 7: Signatures:
- Make sure your supervisor’s information is correct (if it’s not have them update their profile).
- Select a date
- Select Save (IMPORTANT!)
- Select Send IDP to Supervisor