Do you manage people?
Do you want to gain knowledge on Hiring, Selection, On-Boarding and Managing Performance?
Do you want to know more about employee rights to include Worker’s Compensation and Equal Employment Opportunity?
Would you like the opportunity to connect with Subject Matter Experts from NAF HR?
Then this is the course for you.
In this Virtual Course, learners explore non-appropriated fund (NAF) personnel management processes focusing on how Family and MWR Program Managers hire and retain the best people and implement practices to maximize efficiency and productivity in their programs. Course content includes:
- Hiring: analyze the different generations of our workforce, the relationship to NAF hiring practice, and identify important job duties and highly qualifying criteria (HQC) in order to prepare for a strategic requirement discussion with HR;
- Selecting: review and develop a resume/interview matrix and identify best practices for checking references;
- Onboarding: create a realistic onboarding model and job standards;
- Managing Performance: give frequent feedback, evaluate performance and how to reward and discipline.
- Employee rights: review the manager’s responsibilities in relationship to Workers’ Comp and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Target Audience: Family and MWR Program Managers
Prerequisites: Family & MWR Orientation Course (Online), Team Member Orientation (TMO) for new team members ONLY, Family and MWR Basic Management Course (Online), Operation Excellence – Online or Classroom Customer Service Training, and Introduction to the Family and MWR Delivery System (Online)
Commitment: 6 hours/week maximum. Meet for 2 hours, 2 days a week for 4 weeks in the virtual classroom and not more than 3 hours of homework that is directly applicable to the positions for which you hire.
“Outstanding job by all of the presenters. The class was not only informative but fun. We need to ensure all Directors, Chiefs , and managers take this course within 30 days of hire. The tools taught in this class will help reduce EEO complaints in the future, ensure proper performance standards are completed on employee’s, and assist in providing quality feedback to employee’s…just to name a few.”
“Tons of good stuff here for everyone regardless of position or time in grade.”
“Thanks for 4 weeks of beneficial information. I feel so empowered to be a good manager because of the information that I have received. The SME’s were excellent.”
For more information contact
Patrice Turner-Lapp@ Patrice.email@example.com